Username Post: recruiting help for Coming convention        (Topic#3500)
Planet Con Rep 

Loc: CO
Reg: 05-05-14

09-12-15 02:30 PM - Post#14552    

I need a team to help me make an awesome Convention 2016. I will start off by introducing my self. My name is Adan and I am an independent event administrator. I have experience in managing weddings, concerts, comedy shows and more but i have yet to host a convention. I first became interested in Anime and Comic conventions when I attended my first convention this year Comic Con. It was love at first sight for me. I love everything about it. I have gone to several more conventions including the most resent NDK and I am indeed in love but loving something will only get you so far. This is were I need your help to create a spectacular convention in the City of Aurora. I need a team that has experience in Anime comic and special interest conventions. If you have ever attended,volunteered or even hosted a convention I would love to have you on my team. We will be having our first official meeting September 26th which is a Saturday, at Cariño Coffee 12pm. We will be going over the fundamentals of where,when ,how, why. We will also be brainstorming of ideas on how to set this convention apart from others whether it may be through panels, activities, guest, main event etc. Lastly we will go over the things that we need in order to be successful. this will be a great learning experience for us all thank ahead of time for your help. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Cariño Coffee
20971 E Smoky Hill Rd, Centennial, CO 80015, Centennial, CO

PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

09-14-15 12:26 AM - Post#14553    
    In response to Planet Con Rep

• Planet Con Rep Said:
I first became interested in Anime and Comic conventions when I attended my first convention this year Comic Con.

• Planet Con Rep Said:
This is were I need your help to create a spectacular convention in the City of Aurora.

Why are you trying to start a new convention there? The Denver area has THREE new cons in the last couple years. Why not join an existing con and make that better? At the very least, you'd get valuable staffing experience before trying it on your own. You'd also meet a lot of other people who you might be able to recruit if you still wanted to start one later.

Starting a con after just attending one and with no convention staffing experience seems like a really, REALLY bad idea. I can assure you that running a fan convention is FAR different than managing weddings, concerts, or comedy shows.

If this is an attempt to get rich off of running a fan convention, boy are you in for a rude awakening...
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.087 seconds.   Total Queries: 32  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:33 PM