Username Post: Looking for advice about Non-Profit        (Topic#2988)
YourFavoriteHost 
Attendee
YourFavoriteHost
Reg: 10-15-13

10-16-13 01:16 AM - Post#12942    

Hello everyone. My name is Charles Brandon Polk. I'm an Army Veteran and have been running a group call the Anime Military Association for about 2 years now. Here is a quick overview of what we do. we are a group dedicated to giving back to the troops, both current service members and veterans. We have already created, and still growing, a community where SM & Vet fans can come together and share there love of anime with other SM & Vets with the same interests. We also travel to cons and host events. Our main event, and the one we have started to gain attention for, is our military lunches. At these lunches we always try to provide a free/discounted meal to any SM or Vet who comes out. We are very happy to say as of the 5 lunches we have hosted all 5 have been completely free for all SM and Vets who have attended and that includes our new personal record of 94 SM/Vets at our last lunch this year at A-kon 24 (Large thanks to the amazing staff at A-kon). In addition to the food we also give out 100% free Challenge Coins to all the SM and Vets who attend. We have been able to do this for the past 2 years thanks to help from Cons and getting people to "Sponsor" a SM/Vet. As a thanks we also give them a coin. We have also over the last 2 years began to partner with another organization called Operation Anime Storm, who send anime/fandom care-packs overseas to troops. But both of our groups have now ran into the same problem. Neither of us are official Non-Profits and to take our groups to the next level and be able to recieve true donations we need to. No one in our groups have made one dime, personally I've lost several hundred, but that is not why we started this. We have a real heart to give back to the troops and so Our groups have decided to seriously research and move toward forming a non profit together under one umbrella. I've spent hours researching and I understand the basics but it is a bit overwhelming. So my real question is this. What Advice would you give to me about starting a non-profit? What is the easiest way to go about it?

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.155 seconds.   Total Queries: 30  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:38 PM