Username Post: Guest Fraud Alert! - William "WT" Hatch        (Topic#2488)
PatrickD 
Executive Producer
PatrickD
Loc: California
Reg: 12-07-06

12-31-11 03:14 AM - Post#9978    

This has just come to my attention and it comes from a very reliable source within the anime industry. (I will not state who unless the source is willing to be named.)
  • Source Said:
Hi Patrick,

I have recently been made aware of an upsetting situation in the world of anime cons, and I felt it necessary to bring this to your attention. It's in regards to a person who was once a friend of mine: Estevan Olivas. He has assumed the identity of WT "Will" Hatch, and has even begun attending cons as a guest under that name. I am sure there was once a person known as WT Hatch (though that may have been an assumed name), but WT is not the person who is currently using this name. On IMDb, Estevan has actually entered his own birthdate for WT Hatch. This is pretty funny because it makes it look like he did most of his roles as a child or before he was born.

You might not be aware of this, but I was once very close friends with Estevan from 1997-2002. That was when I came to the shocking realization that he is a pathological liar. He would tell people that he had worked on various anime but tailor to whomever he was speaking. In other words, if he was talking to someone from LA, he'd claim to have worked at Coastal Carolina, but if it was someone from NY, he'd say he'd worked in LA. The truth is that he has never worked in the anime industry at all.

Sadly, I have learned that he is using his supposed "position" to prey on girls and young women. Please spread the word as much as you can to let people know not to invite him as a guest or exhibitor. In fact, it would be best if he did not attend any conventions at all, but I don't know if that is possible. I have even more information I can share with you, if you like.

I've known about Estevan for years, but this is the first I had heard that WT Hatch was an alias.

Yes, Estevan and "WT Hatch" both have profiles here because some conventions have invited him as a guest:
http://animecons.com/guests/bio.shtml/579/Estevan_Olivas
http://animecons.com/guests/bio.shtml/3247/William_W_T_Ha tch
-PatrickD
AnimeCons.com Executive Producer
Co-Founder: Anime Boston and Providence Anime Conference
Host of The Chibi Project & Anime Unscripted™

Greggo 
Attendee
Greggo
Loc: Independence, MO
Reg: 02-15-07

12-31-11 08:16 PM - Post#9980    
    In response to PatrickD

Oh wow, THIS guy!

Yeah, he used to be a friend of mine, too...we actually did some of my first few cons together and he helped me out on game shows.

Then...he started pulling this kind of crap.

Paopu-Blossom 
Paopu-Blossom
Reg: 07-23-12

07-23-12 12:28 PM - Post#11160    
    In response to PatrickD

Hello, I'm curious how I can learn more information about this person? I know him and some of his friends. One of his friends says this is not true, but I have also heard some stories. I've seen him at some conventions and he wanted to help out at a convention I'm going to in a few months. (If you could send me a personal message that would be great)

Edited by Paopu-Blossom on 07-23-12 12:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kuniochino1 

Loc: US
Reg: 05-17-16

05-17-16 01:17 PM - Post#15016    
    In response to PatrickD

This is an old thread, but I wanted to also add my two cents for the people that may not be aware of this. I personally knew Estevan Olivas aka "WT Hatch" before it became very apparent that he was not who he said he was and seemed more interested in preying on women and underage girls that attend conventions and/or are anime fans. People like this usually do not stop, so if you encounter this man pictured below in the red shirt:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/108063 7102/WTVicMoni_400x400.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=823462261

AVOID HIM. He doesn't take no for an answer. He is not a professional voice actor and has never been. He looks fairly young for his age, but he is in his late 30's as of now, (born 1979). He assumed the identity of WT Hatch sometime in the early 2000's. I met him in 2010 at an anime club. He will befriend women and girls he feels are easy targets and will tell you what he thinks you want to hear. When he doesn't get his way (when you don't want to sleep with him or date him), he will immediately play the victim and act as if you used him. It is just best to steer clear from him for your own safety.

Edited by kuniochino1 on 05-17-16 01:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SetsukoSenpai76 
Attendee
SetsukoSenpai76
Loc: USA
Reg: 08-12-16

08-12-16 06:13 PM - Post#15143    
    In response to PatrickD

Are there other cons he appear at? I also took a look at the Facebook page he has. And I get creeper vibes just looking at his profile picture. Ugh, not to mention that if you look at his "friends" most of them are female. Meaning that he could also be asking them for their Facebook profiles if they have one.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.773 seconds.   Total Queries: 39  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:43 AM