Username Post: Need help planning or finding items for your charity auction?        (Topic#1460)
A.C.A. 
Attendee

Reg: 09-18-09

10-28-09 04:10 AM - Post#5666    

Greetings to all convention organizers and staff,

My name is Jonathan Klein, some of you may know me from my work as the voice director of the English versions of Haibane Renmei, Ergo Proxy, Paranoia Agent, Final Fantasy IV and many other anime & videogames. But I'm writing here to reach those of you involved in organizing conventions to let you know about a resource that many people working in the anime & videogame industry from around the US & Japan, have helped to put together. It's called Anime Charity Auctions and basically we put together a rather large collection of rare and unique autographed items all related to anime and videogames that we are making available to donate to convention charity auctions around the country. These are items not only signed by the English voice cast & crew, but many of the items are autographed by the Japanese creators, writers & artists So far our items have helped to raise more than $80,000 this year alone at various charity auctions around the US and other parts of the world.

It is our goal to help make your charity auction a huge success. In order to help as many conventions as we can, we are asking that their staff contact us early so that we can provide you with the best support possible,

We have set up a Myspace page at www.myspace.com/animecharityauctions for you and your charity auction staff to view our FAQ and our catalog of very unique items. These items can be donated to your convention's charity auction for free (please read the FAQ for more details). In order to view the full catalog you must request to become a friend of the myspace page. When you do join, please mention what convention you are with and what is your position. We are not allowing people who aren't convention staff to view the full catalog at this time. But even if you aren't a "friend", you will still be able to view items access news about convention charity and the money these items have helped to raise.

Once again, the site is www.myspace.com/animecharityauctions

If you would like to get in contact with us, for more information, please e-mail us at animecharityauctions@yaho o.com

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best regards,

Jonathan Klein
Vice President
New Generation Pictures, Inc.

A.C.A. 
Attendee

05-15-10 02:49 PM - Post#7038    
    In response to A.C.A.

Sorry for the topic bump, but I wanted to let you know that we've been & will be adding lots of new items to the site to donate to various convention charity auctions. I hope all convention organizers will consider joining our MySpace page.

Or feel free to contact me directly at animecharityauctions@yaho o.com

A.C.A. 
Attendee

08-25-10 01:13 AM - Post#7533    
    In response to A.C.A.

Lots of new items have been added to our charity auction's donation catalog.

Many new autographed items from such anime & manga as;

Dark Angel
Ergo Proxy
Full Metal Alchemist.
Girls Bravo
Hellsing

And new & unusual autograph items from many popular and soon to be released videogames including;

Final Fantasy Dissidia
Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter IV
Uncharted 2
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

Plus more additions such as;

The Spectacular Spider-Man Season 1 DVD box set, autographed by the voice cast & crew.

Autograph card signed Doug Jones (Abe Sapien from Hellboy 1 & 2 - Silver Surfer from FF2:Rise of the Silver Surfer and many other films).

Many of these items are one of a kind, so get to the MySpace page @ www.myspace.com/animecharityauctions and make your requests for your convention's charity auction before they're all gone!

Best regards,

Jonathan Klein
Anime Charity Auctions

A.C.A. 
Attendee

05-05-12 01:44 AM - Post#10750    
    In response to A.C.A.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you know that I'm still out there supporting your convention Charity Auctions, if you need help.

Most recently I hosted/auctioneered the charity auction at Sakura Con 2012 for "Make a Wish". All together we raised more than $31,000 for the charity. The Charity Auction staff at Sakura Con was extremely well prepared and very professional and made my job a whole lot easier when it came time for me to auction off the stuff that I, Funimation, Aniplex and many of the guests donated to the convention. It was a huge success and a record year for them.

My Yahoo account was having problems (I think it was hacked) so if you are interested in help for your charity auction, please PM me here.

Thanks,

Jonathan Klein
V.P. New Generation Pictures Inc.
& Co-Founder of Anime Charity Auctions

A.C.A. 
Attendee

11-17-12 08:11 PM - Post#11617    
    In response to A.C.A.

It's been a while since I posted in this thread. Just wanted to give people a 2012 update.

I've attended 3 conventions this year, having hosted and provided material support to all three of their charity auctions. Here's what we've helped to do this year.

Sakura Con 2012 - Over $31,000 raised for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. An all-time record for Sakura Con.

Mechacon 2012 - Over $6,200 raised for the NOLA-Japan Earthquake relief fund and The Salvation Army Hurricane Isaac Relief Fund (which struck the week before the convention). An all-time record for Mechacon.

Anime Vegas 2012 - Over $6,000 raised for the Southern California & Southern Nevada Chapter of the National MS Society. An all-time record for Anime Vegas.

I've been putting together new items for the charity auction circuit based on the videogames and anime I work on (including Hellsing Ultimate and Street Fighter). But thanks to Anime Vegas, we've acquired several My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic items to put up for auction, autographed by Tara Strong (voice of Twilight Sparkle) and Tabitha St. Germain (voice of Rarity).

If your convention's charity auction is interested in help organizing, running and getting material support for your auction, please contact me. Please use my gmail address kleinj2001@gmail.com to get a hold of me directly.

Thanks,

Jonathan Klein
Vice President/Producer
New Generation Pictures, Inc.
and Co-Founder: Anime Charity Auctions

A.C.A. 
Attendee

09-29-13 01:32 AM - Post#12879    
    In response to A.C.A.

Just a couple of updates.

Since MySpace has completely destroyed all my work and effort, eliminating all the text on the page, I am essentially giving up that page. I know people have wondered why I never used Facebook since it's more popular, the reason is was that Myspace was unpopular. On Facebook (when I had the page there) I got constantly bothered by people wanting to buy the items I was trying to donate to charity auctions. Or people unrelated to conventions asking me to friend them to see what I had in my catalog. So for now if you want to get a hold of me, please contact me via gmail at kleinj2001@gmail.com. It's the best way to get a hold of me, and I can send you images from my catalog of items I'm happy to donate to a convention charity auction.

Oh, and we raised over $10,000 this year at Mechacon 2013 , an all-time record.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Recent Topics
AnimeCons.com

AnimeCons.com Home | Conventions | Guests | Members | AnimeCons TV | Articles | Reports

FusionBB™ Version 2.2 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.137 seconds.   Total Queries: 40  
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:22 PM